As mentioned over in my outlet furniture tips tips post, clearance furniture may come with dings, dents, or imperfections. Don’t be put off- some of these are very easy fixes! While you can purchase color matched stains or paints from your local hardware store to hide the blemishes, several companies actually provide paint and repair kits for an additional purchase (and in some cases, for free!)
Not every store you purchase from will carry these types of kits on their website, but they may still offer them. Make sure you email to find out! They may be able to supply you with the repair kits or provide you with resources to fix the imperfections on your piece.
Below is a list of companies that I have confirmed to have kits. I will update this list as more responses are gathered. Some are for wood stain or paint touch ups, others are for fabric and leather care.
- Crate and Barrel– https://www.crateandbarrel.com/guardsman-water-mark-remover/s233604
- Living Spaces– https://www.livingspaces.com/pdp-fabric-care-kit-251695
- Poly & Bark– https://www.polyandbark.com/products/leather-care-kit?variant=31802238009417
- Pottery Barn– https://www.potterybarn.com/search/results.html?words=furniture%20touch%20up%20kits#
- Pottery Barn Teen– https://www.pbteen.com/products/touch-up-pens/
- Restoration Hardware– https://rh.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?categoryId=cat4260002
- Serena and Lily– contact customer service for support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- West Elm– https://www.westelm.com/products/touch-up-solutions-kit-h3870/
- Williams Sonoma– contact customer service for touch up pens in various colors. (email@example.com)
Easy peasy! I’ve found many of the retailers I have contacted, even if they do not offer these types of products, are quick to offer alternative options such as possible warranty replacement.
Since you are purchasing outlet items “as is,” this isn’t applicable, but if you ever purchase retail and have issues DO NOT HESITATE to reach out. I once accidentally chipped the paint on my brand new Crate and Barrel nightstand (thank you rogue, poorly placed lollypop), emailed customer service to inquire about touch up paint, and they sent me a new nightstand without question! Customer4life.
Do any of you have experience using these repair or paint kits? Or even any feedback about using a warranty on retail items? Let us know in the comments!
Find an outlet near you! Click here: US Outlet-By-State Directory