Want to find a list of ALL outlets near you?
Before I jump into this specific visit to Serena and Lily Outlet, I suggest checking out one of my most popular posts on strategies for making the most of your outlet visit. There are over 30 tips and tricks that I have shared (as well as some Facebook group member and Instagram follower recommendations) on how to score the very best deals- like timing your visit on the day their inventory gets delivered and following your favorite outlets on social media to get real time inventory updates.
Serena and Lily Outlet Locations
- California: Berkeley, Vacaville
Serena and Lily Outlet Pricing Structure
A majority of the items at the Serena and Lily Outlets are 50% off retail price. There are some exceptions to that, including pillow covers, wallpaper, bedding, chairs, and stools. I find that these prices are closer to 60-70% off. Pricing sheets are as follows:
you ever see an item in an update, but want to locate specific information about it, try using a google image search. You can find a step by step tutorial right here.
One thing that really sets this outlet apart from others, is that they are very receptive to negotiating, especially if the item has significant damage or there is overstock. Doesn’t hurt to ask!
I find that the Serena and Lily Outlets tend to do some amazing flash sales relatively frequently. There is no pattern than I have seen on when these sales are announced, so stay up to date on the happenings of the outlet by joining the Facebook group, as there are several personal shoppers that do weekly updates.
Serena and Lily Outlet Frequently Asked Questions
I get a lot of the same questions about the Serena and Lily Outlets, so felt putting together a short FAQ would be helpful.
- Where are the Serena & Lily Outlet Locations? There are two Serena & Lily Outlet stores. One in Vacaville, CA (870 Alamo Drive, Vacaville CA 95688) and another in Berkeley, CA (2236 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94702)
- What are the Serena & Lily Outlet store hours? Both stores are open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am-4pm.
- How can I contact the outlets? Due to the overwhelming number of phone calls this store started getting once I posted updates (Sorry, S&L crew!!), they no longer answer their phones. You may have better luck emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org). They are not on social media.
- Does the Serena & Lily Outlet ship? No, unfortunately they do not. You can, however, connect with a personal shopper here.
- Can you purchase from the Serena & Lily Outlet online? No, there is no way to purchase online. As mentioned above, you can try reaching out to a personal shopper.
- What us the difference between the Vacaville Serena & Lily Outlet and the Berkeley Serena & Lily Outlet? Guest post coming soon!
- What is the best day and time to go shop? Deliveries to the outlet *typically* occur on Monday (for Tuesday open), Wednesday, and Friday every week. I’ve asterisked typically because it’s not uncommon for deliveries to be rescheduled or delayed. Timing your visit around these drop off days will yield the best shopping results. From my own experience of frequenting this outlet, it is best to go at open (get there early as lines do form!) or closer to closing (~2pm+)
While Serena and Lily Outlets do not have an in-house delivery company, you do have a couple of options for obtaining these beautiful items for a fraction of the price.
- Hire a personal shopper. If you are not local to the area and cannot purchase in person, you can have someone purchase and coordinate delivery on your behalf. You can find more information regarding this process here.
- Coordinate with a third party delivery company. If you are local and able to purchase in person, you can hire a company to come pick up the items and deliver for you. You can find more information regarding this process here.
Serena and Lily Outlet Features
Now that you know how to score the BEST deal at Serena and Lily Outlet, feel free to browse from various outlet blog feature updates and the one (and only) video update below. Even if you aren’t local to the area being featured, I recommend checking them out anyway, as it will give you a good idea of the types of items you might see as well as typical damage (or lack thereof!). Don’t forget, even if you see paint or stain damage, don’t write it off immediately. These are often very simple fixes with repair kits!
Video Tour: This may be the only video tour I do at the Serena & Lily Outlet. After getting permission to go live, they later decided that video can not be taken inside their stores. If you are dying to get a look inside this outlet, check it our below.
Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with or sponsored by any of the outlets featured and these are solely my own opinions based on my own experiences.
With all of that information out of the way, check out my June 12, 2021 visit below!
|Discount||50% off retail|
|Inventory Drop Off||Monday, Wednesday, Friday (occasionally Saturday afternoon)|
|Delivery Available||No, but there are Third Party options|
|Additional Discounts (seniors, military, veterans, etc)||TBD|
Sooo… I took 150 photos today. I took photos of e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
Lucky for you, I’m an ex-family photographer. I long ago got over taking too many photos in awkward and/or public spaces and being gawked at, so this is sort of in my wheelhouse. No shame in my photo game (okay, maybe a little). Not quite ready to bust out my “fancy cam” at the outlets yet. Give me time.
I strategically decided to go about 2 hours before closing today. Since they are closed Sunday and Monday, you can expect most of this inventory, plus whatever get’s delivered from their truck on Monday, to be there at 10am Tuesday morning. In general, shopping here on a Saturday tends to be a bit picked over. I prefer Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday after truck deliveries. However, an employee confirmed they had just unloaded a big shipment of rugs today, so who knows what their delivery schedule actually is. I have to say, the staff that works here has always been so nice, engaging, and super helpful. One employee even suggested I apply for a job there! I did daydream about that possibility for many days afterward… I really do love coming here!
The photos start over at the chair/rug/outdoor furniture pop-up building located directly to the right of the outlet. Once you start seeing indoor furniture and the green walls disappear, you know we’ve moved on to the dedicated outlet space.
I cannot even make this up when I tell you that my phone camera stopped working halfway through. This actually isn’t anything new for me. Technology tends to glitch on me more than most, which is a story for another time. I may or may not have broken a sweat as I clamored to reset my phone, tapped it on the ground, and sent out a call for help to the universe. I kept having focus issues, so if any photos are sort of wonky, give me a pass this time.
A couple of things before I jump to the photo portion: I made a point to try and photograph things that were above 50% off. If it’s not being spotlighted in the photos, assume it is 50% off retail (with the exception of the pillow covers. Those range from 50-80% off!). I also wanted to take some photos of typical damage or manufacturing defects items at outlet stores may have, as mentioned in my What is Outlet Shopping post. I would say most of the items today were in great condition.
I also overheard an employee mention that, today only, the large square coffee tables were an additional 50% off. There was literally no signage, no indicator that any additional type of sale was going on. Which led me to creating my sixteenth suggestion of outlet shopping (tip #6 in list). If you haven’t checked those out yet, click the link above and check them out. There are some great lessons learned over the years in there. Please comment below if you have any other tips people should know about!
So, go grab some water, popcorn, hell- maybe even go change into some comfy pants- because you are gonna be here for awhile…
Find an outlet near you! Click here: US Outlet-By-State Directory
Can’t get enough of outlet talk? Join the community over on my FREE private Facebook group!
FYI, I am in no way affiliated with or sponsored by Serena and Lily. Just a happy customer!